Page 1 of 2
South Anna Sat 5/9 pm?
Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:37 pm
by Paddle Daddy
Was thinking of getting Lucie out this weekend but the James would be too high for her. If I recall correctly, though, the South Anna is very playful and not too pushy at higher level plus you get to go to Ashland Coffee and Tea before and/or after. I could get up there by 11:30-noon. Any interest?
Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:16 pm
by sganarelle
Yes
Learn me where we meet please.
South Anna 5/9/09
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:21 pm
by grannyyaker
I'm interested. Meeting at the takeout? I'm flexible on the time let me know what time you decide on.
Gretchen
i'm game
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:23 pm
by hairystrawberry
the south anna is in my neck of the woods...i'm interested too. lemme know what time & where to meet (i'm guessing the takeout). u can reach me at 804 514 6009 if u need directions.
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:46 pm
by Jenny
James in Richmond is higher than I paddle it. S. Anna sounds good to me, too. Please post meeting time and place.
newfound or little river in the AM
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:56 pm
by hairystrawberry
i'm gonna head out early tomorrow to run either the little river or the newfound...haven't decided. it will be early- 6:30 or so. call me if u r interested. cell is above.
Tentative plan
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:18 am
by Paddle Daddy
is to meet at 11:30 Saturday at Ashland Coffee and Tea and then head to the takeout at the bridge on Rt 54. Should plan on leaving the take out at noon.
I say tentative because Lucie is only 50% there and the level may drop a little faster than expected. I will keep watching all the gauges and post an update on my intentions Saturday morning.
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:03 pm
by JWK
Johnny and I are in.
will look for an update Sat AM
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:53 pm
by hairystrawberry
sounds good. i'm in either way. it's at 1,490 & still creeping up. minimum is around 300 cfs. it should be big, bouncy & really fun as far as the south anna goes. looking forward to it.
i'll see you all at the takeout at noon tomorrow.
Re: Tentative plan
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:58 pm
by grannyyaker
Paddle Daddy wrote:is to meet at 11:30 Saturday at Ashland Coffee and Tea and then head to the takeout at the bridge on Rt 54. Should plan on leaving the take out at noon.
I say tentative because Lucie is only 50% there and the level may drop a little faster than expected. I will keep watching all the gauges and post an update on my intentions Saturday morning.
Patrick:
Take another look at the gauge. The level is 6'9" and rising! The South Anna is more likely to be too high than too low.
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:41 pm
by Jenny
I agree -- looks like the S. Anna is still rising instead of falling. I e-mailed Martha who lives near the river to ask about 'eyeball' level (similar to RC gauge). Patrick, any plans if S. Anna is no go?
South Anna
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:49 pm
by Paddle Daddy
It will probably start back down tonight.
But the answer is no, I don't have a fallback plan.
Lucie is down to 25 percent but I am 100 percent so long as I have company. Have done it up to @ 7' on that gauge and it still seemed OK. If you get word from your friend what it shows on the RC gauge on the bridge at the putin please post.
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:08 pm
by DanC
Patrick. let me know if you're still in. I'm game for trying a new river.
I am still in
Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:36 am
by Paddle Daddy
Looks like the Ashland gauge is leveling off. This is gauge is downstream of the run from Rt 33 to Rt 54.
Any of the locals have a report on the conditions at the put in?
haven't looked at the put-in
Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:22 am
by hairystrawberry
not sure of the put-in level. i'm guessing it's between 7-8 based on the ashland gauge and the 6'9" reading from yesterday. see u at noon.