Page 1 of 2
Maury or Piney river Sunday morning or Monday.
Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:53 am
by Mako
I'm thinking about the Maury if the piney doesn't come up. Sunday morning or Monday. Suppose to be 54 on Monday.
Let me know if you're in.
Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:18 am
by slo2rol
George,
I'm thinking that w/ the precip forecast for Sunday, the Piney and plenty of other stuff should be good Monday. Of course if it's going off Sunday, I'll be headed that way for sure.
Hopefully there will be plenty of water to catch the Maury later in the week. We hit it Tuesday at a little over 1000cfs and we hadn't had that much rain.
Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:03 am
by STRAKER
I down for anything Sunday or an early creek on monday before work. I can even be talked into sat because I landed that day off too but it seems like people wernt talking about doing much
Sunday and Monday
Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:49 am
by Mako
It doesn't look like the piney is going to come up unless we get a whole lot more rain between now and then. I'm up for the Maury on Sunday and or on Monday. Sunday I need to do some what of a morning paddle.
Let me know what you want to do.
434- eight-zero-six - five-two-five -seven
Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:12 pm
by Paulek
Hi,
Would it be cool if I tagged along? Will help w/shuttle and I could get out either day- am a solid 4/-5 paddler.
thanks
adam
North Anna?
Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:21 pm
by Mako
North Anna is running also
Or the North Anna
Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:46 pm
by Mako
Unless you want to change it up to the North Anna? I don't know which one you're closer to. It's about the same drive for me.
Let me know
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:49 am
by slo2rol
I'm making my play on Nelson Co. creeks for Monday, so I'm not paddling today. Have fun on the N. Anna.
North Anna
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:57 am
by Mako
I just heard the North Anna isn't worth it. If I can get someone to run the Maury with me today give me a call I'm walking away from the PC for today.
I'm game for Nelson on Monday give me a call.
434-eight-zero-six-five-two-five-seven
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:44 am
by etharris
I am hoping for upper piney/statons double-header. Ahhhh, wouldn't that be nice. I can get out anytime monday or tuesday.
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:56 pm
by slo2rol
Ethan - I'm in for Monday - ALL DAY. Definitely Upper Piney. Haven't gotten on Staton's yet. Open to checking out a few others EF Elk Creek / Saint Mary's / others. According to the latest NOAA forecasts, ~2-2.5 inches should fall between 8pm tonight and 7am Monday.
So, the only questions are:
- Where should we meet?
When should we meet? (I can be out there anytime after 8am)
What are we running first?
Who else is coming?
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:46 pm
by etharris
Brandon and I are talking tommarrow morning at 7 and seeing what is running. I am interested in Upper Piney and Statons, with forks of the moormans as a second option.
If you are interested in hooking up, drop me your number and one of us will call you in the am.
Ethan
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:38 pm
by Wallace
If any of you are still in for Tuesday then post here. I'll check back Monday evening. I'd like to go back to Goshen if it's holding.
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:25 pm
by guy66
Wallace wrote:If any of you are still in for Tuesday then post here. I'll check back Monday evening. I'd like to go back to Goshen if it's holding.
Tuesday, save a few hours of diving
http://newweb.erh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydrog ... ,1,1,1,1,1
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:40 am
by Wallace

GULP!

I'd rather drive to Goshen.