Page 1 of 2

Saturday. Fo' Sho'.

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:12 pm
by Wallace
IF I don't have to work (BIG IF) I'd like to paddle Saturday. I'll be coming from my mother's house in Danville so I can do Balcony, Goshen or Downtown. I'd like to paddle fairly early so I can get to a friend's birthday party here. Let's say 11 am at whatever takeout we pick. See yous there? Hit me up.

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:31 am
by Turbo_D
Ill be paddling Sat. I have to wait on a few things for time, but ill keep you 'abreat' of the situation. Oh....it will be the LJ for me.
hope to see ya!

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:03 pm
by Wallace
OK, I dodged the work bullet. Now let's make it a date. Thanks for the offer Turbo D, but I'd rather get some strange. Anybody want to get on Balcony or Goshen on Saturday? Meet around 11.

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:16 pm
by MvillePaddle
I'm almost certain we will be hitting one or both of those on Saturday. Most likely Goshen if there is still decent water.

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:22 pm
by Turbo_D
What is the level looking like it may be for Saturday on Goshen??

Wallace: is that were ur looking to go? I might be up for a little strange myself! Keep me 'abreast'?

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:00 pm
by MvillePaddle
if it drops at the current rate, it will be in the mid 400cfs range Saturday morning. Which is still a good run.

on the other hand, if balcony stays above 6', that might be a better run. we will have to wait until tomorrow night to make final decisions

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:06 pm
by MvillePaddle
scratch that, i looked at the USGS predictions for Saturday, and Goshen may be running up around 1000 again.

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:21 pm
by bambam
70% chance of half an inch of rain in this area tomorrow, Friday. Even if that fizzles Goshen should be good to go on Saturday and your time frame works for me. I wouldn't expect it to get too high but if it does then we'll find something else in the area.

Ken

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:11 pm
by Wallace
Sounds good to me. See yous Saturday, 1100, at Alicia's place?

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:32 pm
by Alicia
Works for me - that way I can't be late!

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:39 pm
by tolyho
Turbo, you should hit Goshen at that or lower level... but bring the Habitat! It's a BLAST! Missin' you all! I'm going to start another thread of cross country paddle to Cali... anyone need a ride?

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:48 am
by Turbo_D
I paddled it in my Fuse at lower levels...500/600. That was a good time in the Fuse, but at what level should the Habitat be used instead??

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:56 am
by swami
poaching your post here a little,,, but anybody thinking sunday may be their huckleberry for goshen (i'm tied up on sat)?

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:33 pm
by mdiamon1
Who is leaving from Richmond and what time?

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:17 pm
by bambam
So as not to clog Alicia's driveway and in deference to folks who don't know where that is I'll suggest 11:15 at the ledges takeout. That's the long gravel pull off on the right about 1/4 miles after route 39 crosses the river for folks headed west from I81 (got that?).

Rain gauges don't seem to want to load but various sources say we had a mild regional rain event. Meaning, I think the current level will probably hold pretty well and not go up much, if at all.

Kinda funny, as a group we are categorizing the levels for this river. We have Tommy-beatdown level, boofalicious-at-Corner level, friendly-not-pushy-first-timer level, low-but-worth-the-drive-if-yer-horny-to-boat level, slow-tight-and-technical level, and even-Ken-wouldn't-run-it-this-low level.

I'm guessing tomorrow will be friendly-not-pushy-first-timer level. Guessing further, I'd expect similar for Sunday.

Note to Swami, we will almost certainly paddle Goshen on Sunday too. Please feel invited. As far as I know we are pretty flexible on timing. Do you have constraints?

Note to TurboD, I don't think boat choice is an issue this weekend.