CHANGE OCT Maury River Buena Vista To Glasgow 8/11/13 CHANGE

Find paddling partners and discuss paddling! Please read the "How to" announcement in the forum. Posts not on topic are subject to deletion.

Moderators: admins, GinnyN, mod1, mod3, Raymond, slo2rol, mod2

Post Reply
allsky7
Coastals Member
Coastals Member
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:19 am
Location: Monroe, VA

CHANGE OCT Maury River Buena Vista To Glasgow 8/11/13 CHANGE

Post by allsky7 »

CHANGE TO THE JAMES

Looks like the rain is mostly staying south of here. Trip will be changed to Buchanan to Alpine. Meeting at Buchanan at 10:00AM

Call if you have questions. 434-944-716nine




Class I/II Beginner/Novice paddle. The river is right at minimum but hopefully with the rain in the forecast it will bump up some before Sunday. Meeting at Glen Maury Park at 10:00AM. Please post if you plan to come.

*If the Maury does not bump.....will take a look at other options and make the call later in the week.

Steve 434-944-716nine
Last edited by allsky7 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silent Bob
Coastals Member
Coastals Member
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:19 pm
Location: Radford

Post by Silent Bob »

Tentatively in for this one & bringing the family along too. :)
I kneel before you m'lady. No really, I can't stand up. Could you please help me out of my boat?
allsky7
Coastals Member
Coastals Member
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:19 am
Location: Monroe, VA

Great!

Post by allsky7 »

Glad you can join us. Looks like 8+ paddlers so far. The Maury is back above minimum with more rain in the forecast. A little more bump would be nice. Will keep an eye on it tomorrow.

Steve
allsky7
Coastals Member
Coastals Member
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:19 am
Location: Monroe, VA

UPDATE

Post by allsky7 »

Hey guys! Looks like a good group forming. Somewhere between 12-14 paddlers so far. The Maury is just above minimum currently. The rain they called for hasn't materialized....at least not yet. Looks like a band of showers over WV and KY headed this way. They are now saying 70% chance of rain tomorrow instead of 40%. Will wait and see what happens and make the final call sometime tomorrow.

*PLAN A....BV to Glasgow is still GO as of Friday night.

Plan B Paddle - Buchanan to Alpine on the James. IF we switch from the Maury to the James.....meet time is 10:00AM at the Buchanan put in.
User avatar
alpinestyle
Shuttle Bunny
Shuttle Bunny
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: Scottsville, VA

Post by alpinestyle »

My wife and I are in as well! Are skirts and/or helmets recommended for this run? We'll be bringing our crossover boats.

Ron
allsky7
Coastals Member
Coastals Member
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:19 am
Location: Monroe, VA

Post by allsky7 »

Ron,

Few places that having a skirt and a helmet is not a bad idea.
User avatar
alpinestyle
Shuttle Bunny
Shuttle Bunny
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: Scottsville, VA

Post by alpinestyle »

hope it won't be an issue if we don't as we don't have skirts for those boats and my wife doesn't have a helmet
Silent Bob
Coastals Member
Coastals Member
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:19 pm
Location: Radford

Post by Silent Bob »

I think we're going to have to back out and get some work done on the house.

Maybe next time...
I kneel before you m'lady. No really, I can't stand up. Could you please help me out of my boat?
allsky7
Coastals Member
Coastals Member
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:19 am
Location: Monroe, VA

Buchanan To Alpine Still GO

Post by allsky7 »

Still planning to meet at 10:00 AM at Buchanan. Please email, text or call and let me know if you decide not to come so we do not wait on you. (if you have not already done so) Chance of some showers but still gonna give it a go.

Thanks!
Steve

434-944-716nine
Post Reply