I'm working an hour in the wrong direction these days so Thursday isn't so good for me. Friday would be better. Please, dear rivers, hold.
Odd flow curves on the gauges are as expected as we had a little rain on snow cover followed by a warm afternoon. Planning to look at gauges in the morning.
Do beware of wind on Thursday, if you're lucky enough to go.
Alicia Jahsmann
"Do you live by the river? I hope so, because people who live near running water are much nicer than people who don't. I'd be mean as a scorpion if I lived inland." - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Got two laps in today. The first around noon my best Goshen run yet. The second not so great, swam at Corner and Indian Pool somehow. Hope the water sticks around for you, I'll be out there if it does.
I suppose it's too much to hope for the water to hang on until Saturday?
“...And Lord, we are especially thankful for nuclear power, the cleanest, safest energy source there is. Except for solar, which is just a pipe dream.” Homer Simpson
So the water seems like it is still going to be good tomorrow anybody going to be out? Probably going to run the middle in the am 10ish then try to hook up with some people for a run or two on the pass. Anybody else heading out?
FYI, forecast for late Fri afternoon/early evening is cold rain/sleet, and continuing into the overnight & Sat AM. So, that could affect if it holds til Sat & Sun.
May also affect if I can get off work early tomorrow!
Alicia Jahsmann
"Do you live by the river? I hope so, because people who live near running water are much nicer than people who don't. I'd be mean as a scorpion if I lived inland." - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
For Friday, I have morning work calls to make but hope to be in the area a little after noon. Nate, I'll look for you if I manage to get there while you're still around.
Alicia and I are planning a run where she gets to weasel out of shuttle, sorta. Meeting at Indian Pool around 3:30 loaded up and ready to roll. We'll probably just run a driver shuttle at the end.
Saturday will likely be lower water than most sensible folks would be willing to run. I, on the other hand, might be up for it. Wait and see on that one?
Sunday would be a good day to run Balcony which has plenty of water. Again, wait and see on that one.
Local forecasts are saying the sprinkle of freezing rain should clear out early Saturday morning. The river is getting low but holding fairly well. We'll probably do a run thinking noonish or so, depending on interest.